Saturday, September 5, 2009

come on Ravelry, get it together

2 hours searching on Ravelry and I am more confused than ever. All I want is to become a designer so I can sell my knit patterns. Should be simple eh? it is NOT. Here is a run down of my last 2 hours:

Me reading through the process on how to become a designer. Went to step one = failed. Re read the first step. Attempted step one again = failed. Went to FAQ and found more of nothing. Tried step one for the third time = failed. Began cursing at the computer screen, in comes hubby to help. Hubby asks if I've tried step one. Now I am cursing at hubby. Searching the site for more info - searching - searching - searching. Resorted to hubby reading instructions out loud in case I missed something. skipped step one and went to step two, you can't skip step one. AAAARGH. So I sent a message that was not very nice to the help people, pretty sure that will not help my case to be accepted as a designer.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks for letting me use your pic, everyone loves it! Unsurprisingly, it is so gorgeous.Have a sweet day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very similar to our experience last week trying to read instructions for a smock in "A is for Apron". Such an adorable book, such ridiculous instructions! I've sewn basically all my life and couldn't figure out what they meant. Resorted to common sense sewing and it turned out great. I should write a book with goofy instructions and get lots of people mad at me. Oh wait, maybe not :-) By the way, I love your pieces at Puffy Mondaes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, but it worked! :) I just used your photo of the Josie in my blog post at http://sexandtheknitty.blogspot.com/2010/10/all-in-family.html Thanks!

    ReplyDelete